SATURDAY, OCTOBER 27
ROOTS & WINGS FESTIVAL POP UP
Patterson Park, 10 a.m. – 12 noon
Celebrating trees and pollinators of all kinds!
Join us on Halloween weekend to explore the park, enjoy nature based play and crafts, learn about our new and old trees, and celebrate in your best nature-themed costume!
The Roots & Wings Festival is a combined community-wide appreciation party for Arbor Day and Monarch Appreciation Day happening at the Zilker Botanical Garden and five neighborhood parks around the city. Visit Zilker, Dittmar, Alderbrook or Brentwood Park after you start the day at Patterson Park. FREE ADMISSION.
At Patterson, we’ll have:
* butterfly & bee crafts with Jamie from C.R.A.F.T.
* bilingual storytime with favorites from the Maplewood Library
* postcards with Giddyup Post
* butterfly kite flying
* scavenger hunt to learn about the park’s trees
* butterfly garden tour at the Patterson Park Community Garden
* giveaways from the City of Austin‘ Urban Forestry Program and Watershed Protection
* Kona Ice snow cones
HOW TO GET THERE:
Go Green! We encourage walking, biking, carpooling, ridesharing, and use of mass transit. Plan your trip via CAP Metro: www.capmetro.org
Sponsored by the City of Austin, Austin Parks Foundation, and TreeFolks. For updates, visit the Facebook event.