Join Friends of Patterson Park on Saturday, April 9 to talk about what our priorities for the park should be and enjoy a spring evening at the park! FoPP recently re-organized, and in the last month has
- hosted an It’s My Park Day Kid Crew that 31 adults and 38+ kids participated in
- co-sponsored a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt with Patterson Park Families and Servant Church that was attended by 150+
- raised $1,361during Amplify Austin from 35 individual donors with the support of the Austin Parks Foundation, which hosted the fundraising page and matched 25% of donations for a total of $1,701.
- established a web presence with http://friendsofpattersonpark.org, Facebook, and Flickr.
Since it has been two years since FoPP met and longer since priorities for the park have been discussed, let’s begin to think about what our community wants from Patterson.
Saturday, April 9, 4-5 p.m.
Patterson Park Pavilion
2. FoPP accomplishments since 2002 and 2011 priorities
3. Potential Master Plan for Patterson Park. (See Ramsey Park’s plan as example here.)
4. Finalize a survey to gather feedback on community priorities for the park
5. Current business
- Update on status of soccer ban
- Cherrywoodstock music festival (planned for April 2016)
- Gordon Bennett memorial trail markers to connect with Mueller hike & bike trail (to be administered by Chula League)
- Suggestions for small initial projects, e.g. paint 3-5 picnic tables closest to playground (last painted by Chula League several years ago)
- Suggestions for spring and summer community events at the park
- Review of institutional relationships with nearby neighborhood associations and city
Pizza party @ 5-6:30 p.m.
Cheese and pepperoni pizza provided by FoPP. Please bring sides or desserts to share!